If you are planning a trip, select More > Going On Vacation, which allows you to set your vacation dates and dispense the medications you'll need ahead of time and store them in their original pharmacy-provided packaging for travel. Note that laws may vary regarding the possession and transportation of unlabeled prescription medication. The Hero app will still send you reminders when it’s time for a dose while you’re away.
- Select Start.
- Select whether you need to retrieve medication from Hero to take while you are on vacation and then select Next.
- Select the day you are leaving, enter the time on that day you are leaving, and select Next.
- Select the day you are returning, enter the time on that day you are returning, and select Next.
- Review the vacation details, make any necessary edits, and select Next.
- If you have any medications stored outside of Hero, don’t forget to pack them for your trip. Select Next.
- Setup on the app is now complete. Select Close and follow the instructions on Hero.
- On Hero, select Confirm. If you selected No in step 2, you’re finished.
- Choose whether to retrieve your medication now. If you select No, you can retrieve your medication later by navigating to Dispense > Vacation mode on Hero.
- Hero will list your first medication. Select Next.
- The door will open, and Hero will instruct you to remove a specific number of pills. Remove the pills, reinsert the cartridge, making sure to push the bottom tab all the way in, until you hear a click sound. This will ensure the cartridge is securely and properly placed. Then close the door.
- Repeat step 11 for as many medications as necessary.
While Hero is in Vacation Mode, the Vacation Mode menu in the app will allow you to export your schedule to a PDF. Select Details to see the details of your vacation.