Select More > Going On Vacation if you’re planning on being away from your Hero device and need to stop Hero from expecting you to dispense during that time, as well as retrieving the necessary medication for your trip.
- Select Start.
- Select whether you need to retrieve medication from Hero to take while you are on vacation and then select Next.
- Select the day you are leaving, enter the time on that day you are leaving, and select Next.
- Select the day you are returning, enter the time on that day you are returning, and select Next.
- Review the vacation details, make any necessary edits, and select Next.
- If you have any medications stored outside of Hero, don’t forget to pack them for your trip. Select Next.
- Setup on the app is now complete. Select Close and follow the instructions on Hero.
- On Hero, select Confirm. If you selected No in step 2, you’re finished.
- Choose whether to retrieve your medication now. If you select No, you can retrieve your medication later by navigating to Dispense > Vacation mode on Hero.
- Hero will list your first medication. Select Next.
- The door will open, and Hero will instruct you to remove a specific number of pills. Remove the pills, reinsert the cartridge, making sure to push the bottom tab all the way in, until you hear a click sound. This will ensure the cartridge is securely and properly placed. Then close the door.
- Repeat step 11 for as many medications as necessary.
While Hero is in Vacation Mode, the Vacation Mode menu in the app will allow you to export your schedule to a PDF. Select Details to see the details of your vacation.