Are you moving to a retirement home, nursing home, or other assisted living facility? Good news: Taking a few minutes to set up Hero in your new home could save you hundreds of dollars normally spent on medication administration!
Here’s a quick video on how to pack your smart dispenser for the move:
In this video, learn how to re-activate your Hero smart dispenser once you've arrived at your new home.
Here’s how you can bring Hero along in a few simple steps:
Before moving your smart dispenser
- Check in with your facility. Once they confirm if you can bring Hero along, make sure to ask them the following questions:
- Will I have Wi-Fi in my room? You’ll need your new Wi-Fi name and password to reconnect your smart dispenser to your network.
- Does your network have 2.4 gigahertz frequency? Hero doesn’t support Wi-Fi 5 gigahertz frequency.
- Will I have enough space for my smart dispenser? You’ll need a flat surface with a power supply nearby and away from humidity and moisture (no bathrooms!).
Ready to transport your smart dispenser?
- Go to your Device Settings and select Travel Mode.
- To keep your meds safe during your move, you will be asked to remove your pills from the dispenser and store them in their original or other labeled packaging.
- After removing your meds, insert your travel bar into the lock department on the back of your device.
- Unplug your dispenser, and you’re good to go! Note: while your dispenser is unplugged, you will not receive Hero notifications or be able to make changes to your account.
I’m at my new facility. Now what?
- Plug in your smart dispenser. Make sure your device is set up on a flat surface and away from humidity and moisture (no bathrooms!).
- Remove the travel bar from your device’s lock compartment, as instructed on the screen, and select ‘Done.’
- Connect your smart dispenser to Wi-Fi. If you encounter any issues at this step, chat with us 24/7 💬 - we’re here to help!
- Then, follow the instructions to refill the device with your medications!