To connect your smart dispenser to Wi-Fi in your new facility, be sure to ask the staff for your new Wi-Fi network name and password (if applicable). Having these details ahead of time will save you time when you are ready to reactivate your device!
When you arrive at your facility, plug in the Hero smart dispenser and remove the travel bar to turn the device on.
Then, select your new Wi-Fi network name from the list and type in the password.
I can’t see any Wi-Fi networks on the screen. What should I do?
You may be experiencing connectivity issues. We recommend contacting the building administrator, facility staff, or someone else in your new home who can check the following:
- Ensure that your room has a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Verify that the Wi-Fi in your room operates on 2.4 gigahertz (gHz) frequency. Please note that 5 gHz networks are not supported by Hero, and therefore will not show up on the list. If the facility is using a mesh network, they can create a separate 2.4 gHz network that will support your Hero.
- The network you are using could be congested. If so, the building administrator can move your network to a less congested channel.
I can’t connect to my selected Wi-Fi network. What could be the issue?
- Confirm with the building administrator that you have the right Wi-Fi password, and make sure that you entered correctly (Note: Wi-Fi passwords are case sensitive).
- In some cases, the building administrator might need to whitelist your Hero smart dispenser using the device’s MAC address. To find your MAC address, connect Hero to a hotspot, then go to your Device Settings and select Network Info. You can also contact us and we’ll provide you with that information!
- Try resetting the Wi-Fi by navigating to Device Settings > Connect to Wi-Fi > Reset Wi-Fi. Then, try connecting to your Wi-Fi once again.
Best of luck settling into your new home! Remember, Live support is available 24/7 to help with any step of the Hero setup process.
Chat with us at HeroHealth.com 💬 or give us a call 24/7 at 718-571-8912 📞