When moving Hero for any reason, ensure the dispenser and your medications are safe by using the travel bar and enabling Travel Mode. To learn how to turn on travel mode, watch our video tutorial or follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Set up Travel Mode, empty Hero, and store your meds in the original pharmacy-provided packaging for safe travel
1. On Hero, navigate to Device Settings > Travel Mode.
2. Hero will ask you to gather up original pharmacy-provided packaging for travel. Select I'm ready.
3. Hero will ask if you have the travel bar. You removed it from the back of the device during set-up and it looks like this.
4. Once the Hero cartridge door opens, remove the cartridge and place the medication in the original pharmacy-provided packaging for travel.
5. Return the empty cartridge to the Hero device, making sure to push the bottom tab all the way in, until you hear a click sound. This will ensure the cartridge is securely and properly placed. Then close the door.
6. Repeat steps 4-6 until all cartridges have been emptied.
7. Hero will then ask you to insert the travel bar. Locate the lock compartment on the back of Hero and remove the cover.
8. Insert the long end of the travel bar into the hole in the lock compartment.
9. Replace the cover.
10. On Hero, select Done. Hero will check if the travel bar has been put properly in place. It will ask you to try again if it senses the bar isn’t sitting properly.
11. Unplug Hero.
Note: While Hero is unplugged, you will not receive any notifications and you will not be able to make any changes to your account.
Step 2: On arrival, remove the travel bar and load your meds
1. On Hero, select Get Started.
2. Remove the lock compartment cover, remove the travel bar, and replace the lock compartment cover.
3. Back on Hero, select Done.
4. Select Okay. Hero will then guide you through putting your medications back in the appropriate cartridges.