Get Hero up and running in less than 30 minutes with a Hero Expert! Schedule a live setup session with us by going to www.herohealth.com/events
Setting up Hero is comprised of three main steps, and should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Step 1: Connecting the Hero smart dispenser
Once you plug in the Hero smart dispenser you will be greeted with a welcome screen. Press the Center button to begin setup and follow the instructions on the Hero device screen. The Hero dispenser will check for any software updates, and if any, it may take up to 10 minutes to complete. At the end of this process, the Hero dispenser will instruct you to continue setup on the Hero app, and display a unique connection code.
Step 2: Creating a Hero account
- Download the Hero Health app to your smartphone (iPhone or Android).
- Tap Set up your Hero device to begin.
- Enter the 8 digit connection code displayed on your Hero device screen to connect your app. Then tap Next.
- When asked who will be using Hero, select A loved one.
- Ask your loved one to select the checkbox allowing you to manage their information and medication on Hero, and then select Next. If your loved one is not nearby or is otherwise unable to do this, select Loved one not reachable?, read the disclaimer, and acknowledge the disclaimer by selecting Ok.
- Fill out all details for the primary user of Hero, then tap Next to continue.
- Fill out the account details to create your account, then tap Next to continue. Please note that you may be asked to verify your email address to continue. In this case, an email will be sent to the email address you provided with a subject line of “Verify your email address”. Tap the confirm email button to continue setup.
- You will see a screen labeled Success! tap the Next button to continue
Step 3: Setting up the medication list and schedule and loading medications into the Hero device.
Hero will ask you to add ALL medications into your account before asking you to physically load up to 10 inside the device.
- Search for a medication and tap the medication name that matches yours to continue.
- Setup schedule by tapping Add Time link to start building your schedule. Then choose from an Every Day or Select Days schedule. Select a time you would like to take the medication. Tap Save Schedule to continue.
- Review schedule. If you want to add an additional schedule, tap the + Add Schedule link and repeat the schedule selection process. When your schedule is finalized tap Next to continue
- Confirm medication details. The summary also offers Setup optional settings, such as Maximum pills per day, Expiration Date, Dispense Passcode.
- Choose “Add” at the top right to add additional medications, and repeat the process above for all your remaining medications. When done adding all of your medications, tap the Done Adding Medications button to continue to setting up your Preferences. Tap Next to start loading medication into Hero dispenser .
The Hero smart dispenser will display a message on screen when it’s ready to have you load your first medication. Follow the instructions on-screen to start loading your medication.